Choose Health LA has free nutrition education resources available to LA County health professionals and educators. Most materials are available in both English and Spanish, on topics including healthy drinks, portion control and sodium reduction. View the Nutrition Education Materials Catalog here.
Portion Control Resources
- American Heart Association: Don’t Fall Prey to Portion Distortion
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: How to Avoid Portion Size Pitfalls
- New York State Department of Health: iChoose to Order Less. Weigh Less.
- Download a PDF of Choose Less, Weigh Less portion control posters.
- National Salt Reduction Initiative
- American Heart Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Sodium Reduction
- Mayo Clinic: Sodium Resources
Eat Healthy – At School – Resources
Eat Healthy – At Home – Resources
- LA County Department of Public Health – Network for a Healthy California
- LA County Department of Public Health – Get Active, Get Healthy LA!
- United States Government – Food and Nutrition Information
Eat Healthy – In the Community – Resources